What is hemp protein?
Hemp protein is raw vegan protein powder that is milled from industrial hemp seeds, after the hemp seeds have been through an oil extraction process they leave behind a ‘seed cake’ which is then dried and milled into a fine green powder.
What does it taste like?
Hemp Protein tastes great. This raw protein powder has an earthy and nutty taste. It has the perfect texture for blending and baking. It does not clump together like other plant based proteins like brown rice protein and others similar.
Will it get me high?
No! Hemp Foods contain less than 1% of the psychoactive compound found in marijuana known as THC. This amount is virtually undetectable, and will have no mind altering effects. Yes… Even if you eat a garbage truck full of it!! (not recommended).
What are the benefits of hemp protein?This raw protein is leading the charge when it comes to plant based and animal based proteins, here is just a few reasons why hemp protein is quickly becoming the world’s most sort after protein.
- Contains all 20 amino acids. Assisting in muscle cell repair and prevents muscle cell death.
- Boosts, supports, and maintains immune system health.
- A single ingredient protein that contains NO sugar, NO Dairy, NO animal products, NO chemicals, NO additives, NO preservatives and NO soy.
- It is 100% Natural and grown organically without the use of herbicides and pesticides.
- Hosts the ideal ratio of omega 3, 6, & 9 fatty acids, recommended by the world health organisation.
- Supports healthy digestion.
- Contains Magnesium and Vitamin D for calcium absorption, which helps with muscle growth, joint & muscle soreness, and recovery. Calcium intake is also important for bone and muscle density.
- High in soluble and insoluble fibre, decreases sugar and hunger cravings, and helps to sustain energy levels and assists with weight loss.
- Hemp is naturally free of phytic acid, an anti-nutrient that limits the absorption of nutrients from food. This makes hemp protein 100% bio-available and a highly absorbable protein source.
- Hemp Protein is also a great source of antioxidants.
You can’t be serious? It does that too?
In addition to some of the other key benefits, hemp protein contains edistin, a plant protein that is constructed entirely of amino acids which can be used by the body to build important antibodies, enzymes, hemoglobin cells, and naturally blood clotting agents, as well as albumin which assists the absorption of protein into the body. Hemp protein helps with absorption of iron ad zinc, which is vital for vegans and vegetarians to maintain good health.
Hemp protein is a great alternative to other animal based proteins, especially those that struggle to tolerate dairy and have a sensitive digestive system. Hemp is not only healthy but is also a sustainable crop with little environmental impact. Read more about hemp and why it needs to be a part of your weight loss journey or daily meal plan.