Treat your skin with this DIY Coffee Scrub with Hemp Seed Oil recipe
This hemp coffee scrub is 100% natural and chemical free. It leaves the skin feeling soft and fresh. It has anti-ageing and skin rejuvenation properties. The addition of hemp seed oils’ omega 6 (GLA), works wonders for the skin cells and assists in reducing skin cell inflammation. Great for those suffering acne, psoriasis and eczema. The benefits of hemp seed oil for those that suffer bad allergic reactions from harsh chemicals found in some soaps, and other body scrubs are fantastic. Recipes like this one give you an alternative natural option for healthy vibrant skin.
Ingredients/ Prep time 5 mins
- 1/4 cup of organic ground coffee
- 1 cup of raw brown sugar (acts as an humectant, helping the skin to absorb moisture)
- Zest of one organic orange
- 2/3 cup hemp seed oil
- 15 drops orange essential oil (available through doterra wellness advocates or other online sources)
- Add hemp hearts if desired for extra exfoliant
How To Make Coffee Scrub
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly until smooth.
- Have an airtight container ready for storage.
- Once container full and ready for use, make sure no moisture or air can enter the container.
- When applying to the skin make sure your hands are dry before scooping ingredients out.
- Apply the scrub a teaspoon at a time and massage in a circular motion.
- After using the scrub, pat yourself dry with a towel. The oily residue will disappear within minutes. There is no need to wash it off with soap.
This homemade body scrub will leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and glowing for hours, enjoy soft and supple skin for up to 24 hours. Use this body scrub recipe in place of harsh exfoliant body & face washes.
The Benefits of Hemp Seed Oil For Skin
- Hemp seed oil benefits the skin cells keeping them hydrated and soft
- Hemp Seed Oil helps to rejuvenate the skin and reduce the effects of wrinkles from sun damage and dryness