Caffeine headaches, salt cravings, sugar cravings, and hunger are all things to expect if you are going to decide to take on a detox of any kind, and lack of animal proteins leaves you hungry after eating only plant based meals. The best way to tackle a detox is preparation and good nutrition. Hemp for detoxing is an awesome way to kick those hunger cravings due the high soluble and insoluble fibre content ( making you feel fuller for longer) as well as the perfect fatty acid profile, plant based protein content and of course healthy carbs. All of these nutrients assist in the fall out that comes upon us when ridding the body of toxins.
This is a quick easy and healthy recipe perfect for a detox, the rocket tomato and avocado detox salad.
INGREDIENTS/ COOKING AND PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
- Rocket rinsed and drained
- Cherry tomatoes (cook if desired)
- Mushrooms Peeled and chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- Red onion
- Apple cider vinegar
- Hemp seed oil
- Garlic (organic minced or fresh cloves x 3)
- Basil dried
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon organic unsalted butter for cooking (can substitute with coconut oil)
- Wash and drain rocket, and cherry tomatoes.
- In a frying pan or skillet add butter or coconut oil and place on a low heat
- Add mushrooms, cherry tomatoes (if cooking desired), garlic, and dried basil. Cook until soft
- Add rocket to a serving bowl, add a splash of apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon of hemp seed oil, and lemon juice for dressing
- Top salad with cooked mushroom, tomato and red onion.
- Sprinkle generously with hemp factory hemp hearts