This DIY lip balm is a soothing 100% natural alternative for dry, or sunburnt lips. With just a few basic ingredients, and ten minutes on the stove, you can make a cheap, natural alternative to protect your lips from dry winters, and the summer sun.
The essential oils add a nice natural aroma, and the peppermint gives a cool finish to give burning dry lips some much needed relief. This hemp oil lip balm is great for after sun care for our lips which are far more vulnerable to sun damage and dryness than the rest of the body.
This recipe can also be made with no scent, for those not interested in using essential oils.
Ingredients/Prep time 10 minutes
- 1.5 Teaspoons of all natural beeswax
- 2 Teaspoons of refined shea butter
- 2 teaspoons hemp oil
- (our essential blend) 2 drops Lemongrass, 2 drops of Lime, 1 drop of peppermint.
- Melt beeswax in a double boiler
- Add shea butter and melt
- Turn off the heat, then add hemp oil, and essential blend if desired
- Pour finished balm into lip balm containers quickly, beeswax tends to solidify rapidly once removed from heat.
This recipe should fill 2 or 3 lip balm containers and has a shelf life of up to 12 months in an air tight container.