Hemp seed oil, potato and leek soup, warms the heart and the belly. A quick and easy winter recipe
that will leave smiles on faces around the dinner table.
Ingredients/cooking and prep time 30 mins
- 3-4 brushed potatoes
- 2 large leeks
- 1 brown onion
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 1 stick of celery
- 2-3 small rashers of bacon
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan pink slat
- 1 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Hemp seed oil 4 tablespoons
- Goats milk/coconut probiotic yoghurt
Directions (vegan recipe can be used without bacon or goats yoghurt)
- Chop potatoes, celery and onion into medium/small sized chunks, then add into large cooking pot.
- Add garlic cloves, salt and pepper and vegetable stock to cooking pot.
- Dice bacon into small pieces and add to a seperate frying pan.
- Using only the white section of the leeks, dice into pieces and add to frying pan with bacon and coconut oil.
- Fry leek and bacon until leek is wilted and soft, then remove and add to cooking pot with all ingredients.
- Bring cooking pot to boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until potato has softened (check with a fork or sharp knife).
- Let soup cool and place in food processor or use stick mixer to process to desired consistency.
- Once processed stir through hemp seed oil.
- Serve and garnish with hemp hearts and a dollop of desired yoghurt.