A simple, healthy meal the whole family will enjoy. Refined sugar and refined carbohydrate free. The addition of hemp seed oil when serving zucchini noodles adds an aromatic, nutty and natural flavour that kids will love. Hemp hearts also add valuable fibre, and essential fatty acids for growing minds and bodies. This one is a family favourite.
Ingredients/Prep and cooking time 20 minutes
- 500g Organic grass fed lean mince (chicken or beef)
- 1 can tomato paste
- Sugar free pasta sauce
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves garlic / Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil or fresh basil bunch
- 2 teaspoons Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 organic carrots
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Zucchini noodles
- 1/4 cup Hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon Hemp seed oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (topping if desired)
- Finely dice onion, garlic, and carrots.
- Place diced ingredients in a pan with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook until soft and onion is brown, then remove from frying pan.
- In a clean or separate frying pan, add lean mince and cook through. Once cooked add cooked diced ingredients to lean mince.
- Stir in Tomato paste, basil, oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt and cracked pepper.
- Cook until aromatic and stir through sugar free pasta sauce.
- Place zucchini noodles in frying pan with 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Stir Fry on high for 2 mins, remove then place on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Toss hemp hearts and hemp seed oil through zucchini noodles, top with mince bolognese and serve and enjoy.