Hemp and Halloumi are a match made in heaven. Check out this simple and fast recipe with the addition of smoked paprika chicken that is Keto friendly, low carb option for those avoiding sugar or on a candida reduction diet. Packed with protein, fibre, and good fats for energy burning through the day. The nutty hemp seed oil flavour contrasts the mild grilled halloumi, while the hemp seeds add great texture and fibre to the high fat, high protein meal.
Ingredients/Prep time 15 minutes
- Handful of Rocket
- Handful of Grape or Small Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 Green Capsicum Diced
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika Powder
- 1 Whole Lime
- Dried Garlic Granules (Fresh or minced garlic is fine if desired)
- Salt and Cracked pepper
- Hemp Factory Hemp Seeds
- Hemp Factory Hemp Seed Oil
- 2 Slices of Sheep/Goat Halloumi
- 250grams of Diced Free Range Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 Diced Red Onion of desired
Note: It is important to grill the halloumi last to keep it warm and soft. If you grill halloumi to early and let it sit, it will taste rubbery and have a chewy texture.
- Add a teaspoon of Coconut oil to a pan and add Green Capsicum and Roma tomatoes, grill until slightly soft then remove form pan and set aside.
- Coat Chicken pieces in smoked paprika and 1/2 of the fresh lime juice.
- Add paprika coated chicken to heated pan, then add garlic, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook until slightly brown.
- Add the tomatoes and capsicum back to the chicken and evenly heat all ingredients, then remove from the pan.
- Clean and re-grease pan if needed, then add slices of halloumi to grill.
- Once halloumi is grilled to slightly crispy on both sides.. It’s time to plate up!
- Add Rocket, Smoked Chicken mixture, and avocado to the plate, then serve hot halloumi on top.
- Dress with hemp seed oil, hemp seeds, remaining lime, and enjoy! Apple cider vinegar can also be added to rocket if desired. This adds another flavour element, and also aids digestion in high protein meals.