We struggled to decide how much hemp is too much when formulating this recipe. Do we make a hemp pizza crust, hemp pizza sauce, and add hemp pizza toppings as well? We bit the bullet and decided to make the most time effective recipe for an easy meal. Although, when it comes to making recipes from hemp foods the possibilities are endless, the results are mouth watering, and it’s good for you!!
Ingredients/Prep time 25
- 2 vegan pizza bases
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons Hemp Seed Pesto>> (recipe can be downsized for this meal)
- 2 tablespoons Hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons Hemp oil
- 1 zucchini
- 1 cup solantaro cherry tomatoes or similar
- 4 cups fresh rocket
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 100g cashews cheese or fetta cheese (vegetarian option)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Prepare Hemp seed basil pesto prior to preparing pizza bases, original recipe can be downsized to suit this recipe.
- Wash and prepare fresh rocket and zucchini.
- Peel zucchini into ribbons or sliced into this pieces.
- Slice solantaro tomatoes in half.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of tomato paste onto each pizza base. Once this is evenly spread, dollop hemp seed pesto over bases in desired amount to evenly cover each base.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, vegan cheese/crumbled fetta evenly over each base, then add bases to the oven, set timer for roughly 15 minutes, remember to check every few minutes or so.
- Add rocket, hemp oil, honey, hemp seeds, and a splash of balsamic vinegar to a salad bowl and toss.
- Once the pizza is cooked, remove from the oven and evenly top each pizza with rocket salad.
- Bon appetite!
If you are purchasing Gluten Free/Vegan pizza bases, we like to preheat them separately in the oven before we add any toppings. Sometimes they can be a little thick and doughy, and they need to be heated before you cook them with the toppings. This ensures that they are a little more crispy and a nicer texture.