Bedtime is not just sleep time. Our body takes rest as an opportunity to rejuvenate. Environmental, and lifestyle factors can reduce the effectiveness of our recovery time during sleep, and the natural process also becomes harder with age.
We have developed a natural hemp oil skin care recipe that will not only rejuvenate the skin, but should also assist in relaxing the mind for a better sleep.
The addition of lavender essential oil to any natural skincare recipe, will calm and relax the mind and body. Reduced stress means reduced inflammation, and reduced inflammation means a more effective recovery process at night.
Hemp oil is high in an omega called GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), which is a highly effective anti-inflammatory that assists with skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
A hemp oil natural skincare remedy also helps with protection and rejuvenate of the basal skin cells, which will give you hydrated, firmer, and healthier looking skin.
Ingredients/Prep time 1 hour
- 2/3 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup hemp seed oil
- 4 vitamin E capsules
- 90 drops of lavender essential oil (please use with caution in 1st Trimester if pregnant)
- Use a double boiler to slowly melt Shea Butter (do not simmer) as this will destroy the properties.
- Once shea butter has melted, Allow to cool naturally (outside refrigerator) for 10 mins, then add the hemp seed oil, avocado oil, and Vitamin E capsules.
- Stir through the oils and capsules (pierce capsules and empty, do not add the whole capsule) , then place the refrigerator to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove from refrigerator and add lavender essential oil, you can also add vetiver oil if you have it, instead of 90 drops of lavender, use 70 and 20 drops of vetiver.
- Once mixture starts to thicken, start the whisking or beating process to achieve the whipped consistency, you will have to whisk on high for up to 10 minutes.
- If the mixture does not start to thicken, simply place back in the refrigerator, and repeat this process until the desired consistency shown above is achieved. Once the desired consistency is reached, fill the butter into containers and allow to set in the refrigerator.
This whipped hemp butter will fill up to 3 x 60ml aluminium jars, and will last in the refrigerator for over 12 months, the jar that you use will happily live in the bathroom or bedroom and stay fresh. The remaining jars can be stored as a back up or will make a great gift for birthdays. Or you can be a little selfish and store the butter in one large container.
The lavender in this hemp butter will be relaxing and calming when applied at night for a great sleep, and the hemp seed oil will help to rejuvenate and moisturise the skin.